Alluma Tech introduces the Lite Tech LED brand as a now viable alternative for High Impact Visual Branding.
Neon has traditionally been recognized as the premier choice in high impact visual POP branding. Over the last two decades LED made inroads as an alternative lighting source. In the developmental stages LED was a step down in illumination to incandescent, fluorescent and neon. New LED technologies today are now more viable options for commercial and residential lighting. Those markets are driven by mega production opportunities. LED’s specific use for High Impact Visual branding had drawbacks because of more custom/less generic and lower volume use.
The Lite Tech focus on LED Visual Branding is driven by changing the negative aspects about POP LED signs to workable solutions. Negative aspects were;
1. Brightness (achieved only by maximum powering causing heat)
2. Tooling restrictions (lead-time and cost)
3. Large quantity run affordability (cost effective at several thousand quantity)
4. Size limitations (restricted by IJ-tool costs)
5. Short brightness life span (premature fade in 12 to 24 months)
Light Tech has changed these negative aspects respectively with advancements in LED technology specific to high impact visual branding;
1. Brightness is achieved by using the same phosphors as conventional neon and taking full advantage of the UV light spectrum emitted by LED’s.
2. The face and chassis is constructed of rigid CNC sculpted and fabricated materials that look virtually like injection molded parts. This cuts out tooling lead-time and tool cost amortization.
3. Because of CNC automated part fabrication (including circuit board) Lite Tech LED signs can be made for smaller regional markets or sponsorship programs. They are cost competitive in a 100 quantity as well as a 10,000 quantity.
4. Injection molded tooling is cost prohibitive in dominator size LED signs. The CNC construction allows for signs from 48’ to 72” sizes.
5. Lite Tech has found heat to be the number one cause of short life LED signs. Green board and wave soldering is typical in electronics construction and cause a lot of heat to build. Lite Tech uses a white board and point to point soldering to help dissipate heat on the PC board. One tenth watt (.01) LED’s are powered at 70% to increase life.
• The newly patented technologies allow our clients to consider LED signs as an option for small and moderate budget projects.
• The new Lite Tech plant offshore is totally integrated to allow for fast responsive service to critical delivery times. Lite Tech makes the electronic board assemblies, transformers and chassis in addition to the graphic decoration. We ship out of Oceanside, CA four to six weeks sooner than the typical LED sign lead-time.
• Alluma Tech demonstrated Lite Tech LED simulated neon side-by-side with neon at Global shop this year. Attendees were surprised at the comparison and could not tell the difference. It has a lot to do with using the same phosphors as neon.
• In comparison to neon, the big wins with Lite Tech LED as an alternative for the POP market are; just as bright, lasts as long, substantial energy savings and they costs less to deploy.
The Lite Tech brand LED product line is manufactured by Rocus Corporation that also makes Neon Tech neons. Both product lines are marketed through Alluma Tech, dba Neon Tech.